Gift Guide for the Whole30er: 28 Gift Ideas For The Whole30er in Your Life.
Last holiday season I was smack dab in the middle of a whole30. Many social interactions were someone gifting me a box of homemade sweet treats and then instantly apologizing once they realized I wouldn't be able to eat them. There was a lot of guilt on both the giving and receiving end of gifting that year.
I decided to make this gift guide to help stir up some ideas on what to give your friend/aunt/mom/cousin/sister who has also horribly timed their whole30 during the best food season of the year, or maybe you're on the whole30 and want to treat yo self!
(This post may contain affiliate links and is in no way sponsored by or affiliated with the official whole30 program.)
- Vital Protein Collagen Peptides - If you have spent more than 2 minutes scrolling the #whole30 hashtag then you have heard of Vital Protein Collagen Peptides. It supports bone and joint health, strengthens nails, gives you long mermaid hair, soft skin, a healthy gut and helps your muscles repair after a hard workout. It's essentially a magic powder than can easily dissolve in any liquid without affecting the taste.
- Primal Palate Seasonings - These spice jars were created by a very popular husband and wife paleo blog team. Chances are the whole30er you're buying for follows them and will be super impressed by this gift. Not to mention it's so hard to find spice mixes without sugar or additives, so it's a win-win gift either way!
- KitchenAid Immersion Blender - Your whole30 friend needs this to make homemade mayo and sauces. Clean mayo, aioli, and dressings play a huge role in succeeding in the program. If you want to go a step further, pair it with a medium sized mason jar and gourmet avocado oil.
- Inspiralizer - Zoodles! It's my favorite word in the English language and I use this Inspiralizer all of the time. This product can turn almost any vegetable into "noodles" which will really help replace pasta during a whole30. A little advice: Do not try to cheap out and buy an Amazon knock-off. I did this and it was a terrible product. Only buy the Inspiralized brand!
- Inspiralize Everything Cookbook - Maybe your aunt already has a spiralized, but doesn't know what to do with it. This cookbook teaches you the basics on how to spiralize tons of fruits a vegetables and gives you ideas you would have never thought of. Muffins made with apple "noodles"? Spiralizing peppers and onions instead of spending forever chopping them? Yes, please!
- Good Quality Coffee - Look, on a whole30 you have to cut out all sugar, all flavor additives, all dairy and all creamer, so crappy coffee ain't gonna cut it. Go to your local coffee shop and pick up some fresh, high quality beans (whole bean is always best, but if you don't know if the recipient has a grinder then kindly ask the barista to grind it for you). Magic Beans is one of my personal favorite local roasters, and they do offer shipping!
- Enough Kale Already Tote - You buy a lot of vegetables on a whole30. A LOT. Give them something to laugh about while they fill their bag with endless produce.
- Herb Garden Kit - When you're taking a break from spices with additives, sauces with sugar and other non-compliant things, you have to get creative with adding flavor to your meals. Buying herbs every week can be expensive. This kit walks you through how to grow them at home!
- Hydroflask - Your whole30 friend is going to be drinking a lot of water. Help them keep it cold with a Hydroflask in their favorite color.
- Rx Bars - Rx Bars are like crack in the whole30 community. This variety pack is a great option. 2 of the flavors aren't technically compliant, but those would be great to have at the end of their whole30 when they're reincorporating non-compliant foods.
- Instant Pot - whole30 aside, this product is fantastic for anyone. It cooks delicious food quickly and easily. It's similar to a crock pot, if a crock pot could cook frozen chicken breasts in under 15 minutes. I've linked to the one I have, but really any version would be a great gift.
- Celebrations Cookbook - Against All Grain is a recipe creating goddess. In this specific cookbook she gives gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo recipes for all of your celebrations throughout the year. A must-have for any kitchen!
- Aztec Secret Face Mask - The whole30 community focuses on self care in ways that don't involve food, and this face mask is a great option. Your face tingles as it dries and you can feel it working its magic. It makes your skin so soft and really helps shorten the life span of any blemish I have.
- Kombucha Brewing Kit - No wine, no alcohol, no beer. Kombucha is the next best thing! It has crazy gut healing benefits and you can customize the flavors to make it anything you want. A kombucha brewing kit would be such a fun gift!
- Thrive Market Membership - If your whole30 loved one lives in a smaller town without access to places like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, a Thrive Market membership would be a wonderful gift. Once you become a member you get access to all kinds of paleo, vegan, fair trade, gluten-free, non-gmo pantry staples at wholesale prices and all orders over $49 ship for free. Each membership also helps pay for a membership for a low income household, those this would be an especially great gift for your socially conscious friend.
- Avocado Tool - This handy tool makes it quick, easy and painless to pit, peel and slice an avocado.
- CoffeeSock ColdBrew Kit - This kit makes it easy to make your own cold brew at home. It uses an organiz cotton filter, can hold up to 6 cups of coffee concentrate, is super easy to clean and is manufactured in the USA.
- Staub Cast Iron Vertical Chicken Roaster - This is an enamel glazed cast iron pan that roasts chicken vertically. It helps create a super crispy outside and collects all of the yummy drippings at the bottoms. This would be perfect for your foodie best friend! (The gray one is half the price of the black right now, so I would definitely go with that one!)
- Food Freedom Forever - This book is written by the co-creator of the whole30 and talks about what's next after completing your whole30.
- Epic Bars - If your friend likes jerky then this is the gift for them! These compliant venison sticks are simply flavored with salt and pepper and are individually wrapped for easy snacks on the go.
- A Fancy Apron - You know your mom will be going all out on the whole30, which means she will be cooking A LOT. Get her a fancy apron to make it more fun! I love the aprons from Pomegranate, Inc.
- Mrs Meyer Dish Soap - For your friend who meal preps, because they will be washing a ton of dishes! Basil is my favorite scent right now, but they also have amazing seasonal scents. You can almost always find the special edition scents at Target!
- Primal Kitchen Whole30 Kit - Primal Kitchen makes some seriously amazing paleo products and they made it easy for you by bundling up a whole30 kit. Their dressings and mayo are my personal favorites. They're a little on the pricier side and not available at all grocery stores, so any whole30er would love to receive this!
- Whole Foods Gift Card - Organic produce is expensive. Grass-Fed meat is expensive. Your poor college kid cousin doing the whole30 will be forever grateful for a Whole Foods gift card.
- 4th & Ghee - This stuff is amazing. It's one of the products I learned about while doing a whole30 and still use to this day. The Madagascar Vanilla flavor turns a plain baked sweet potato into a dessert and the California Garlic takes sauteed veggies to another level.
- Nom Nom Paleo: Food For Humans Cookbook - I've followed Michelle for a long time and she knows good food, plain and simple. If you have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker Google her recipe for Kahlua Pork. It is out of this world.
- A Good Quality Cutting Board - This makes chopping a million pounds of vegetables a little more pleasant. Bamboo is always my favorite. Be sure to include a bottle of food-grade oil to help preserve the cutting board.
- BPA-Free Glass Food Containers - With a lot of cooking comes a lot of food storage. These glass containers are BPA-Free and can be used in the oven. This would help ease the stress of meal prepping for your whole30 loved one.
Whew, we made it to the end! I hope this guide helped spark some gift giving ideas. Do you have any other recommendations? Leave them in a comment below. I'd love to hear them